Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Impossibly Cowabunga Chicken Broth Recipe

This is quite honestly the best broth that I have ever had. I still have some tweaking to do before I put it on Yummly but it is really starting to come together. I am sorry I don't have exact measurements on everything just yet. The next time I make it, I am going to try and measure everything out. If you like homemade broth (it tastes great with homemade egg noodles) then please check this recipe out and let me know if you have any input or if something sucks. I can take it. 



Impossibly Cowabunga Chicken Broth Recipe

Ingredients


Chicken with Bone in (legs work the best)
1 cup dehydrated celery plus 1 quart bag of celery remnants.  
1 lb of carrots or carrot remnants
1/2 quart ziploc full of dehydrated leeks
1 sprig of dehydrated Rosemary
1 1/2 onions chopped
Onion Skins for Color
1 tablespoon Celtic Sea Salt
10-20 Peppercorns according to your taste
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 bunch of Parsley Stems* 


Directions


Combine all Ingredients and cover with water. bring to a boil and then low simmer until chicken is done. Pull chicken off bone. Crack bones with a monkey wrench and put the bones back into the broth/stock. Add more water if necessary and then Simmer the broth on low to your desired taste. Strain the broth, refrigerate overnight and then skim fat off the top. (I will clean up these directions more ASAP)

*Parsley Stems have the most flavor compared to the leaves. And they are perfectly safe to eat. They have to much taste to just nibble on but they are great for broths so no need to throw them away. 



Related Topics:


Turkey Stock

No comments:

Post a Comment